[Tagging] Climbing access path

Tobias Knerr osm at tobias-knerr.de
Fri Aug 8 10:55:18 UTC 2014

On 08.08.2014 12:07, Tom Pfeifer wrote:
>>>    access=destination
>>>    destination=climbing
>
> Just to reinforce the opinion, "access=destination" forbids through
> traffic,
> in this case general hikers taking a short cut. This is what we want,
> and using
> an established tag for this purpose. The second tag explains the details.

access=destination makes sense. That second tag isn't established,
though, nor is the concept of "explaining the details" through a
destination=* subtag.

>>>    access=no
>>>    climbing=yes
>
> As Dan said, this would introduce a new tag with little usage.

That's true, and in this case access=destination (without a subtag) is
probably the best idea.

However, if there are paths where only climbers are permitted and where
destination does not fit, I believe this would be the only appropriate
solution.