[Tagging] horse=designated for recommend routes?

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Mon Aug 11 11:44:06 UTC 2014

Unluckily http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:access%3Ddesignated
includes

"or may be just a suggested route (e.g. bicycles can in most
jurisdictions ride on any street, but some particular streets are
recommended and signed as such.) "

Which I personally consider a holdover from days long past which has
been replaced by actually mapping routes (which clearly do have a
"recommended" character). Naturally adding *=offical (which is
essentially a German tag), hasn't made the confusion any less.

Simon