[Tagging] Bitcoin: Distinction of purchase through website and cash register/Point of sale

Markus Lindholm markus.lindholm at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 20:54:58 UTC 2014

On 12 August 2014 20:55, Anita Andersson <cc0cool at gmx.com> wrote:
> In Sweden we got an electronics chain called Webhallen who accept Bitcoin as
> payment through their website and allows the customer to pick up the goods
> they purchase at any of the business's store locations. It does to my
> knowledge not accept purchase of goods with Bitcoin through their cash
> registers or Points of sale.
>
> I would just tag each and all of those stores with payment:bitcoin=yes

I think that OSM is about mapping the physical world out there, even
including payment methods accepted at different brick and mortar
shops. But if a shop doesn't accept a certain payment method at its
physical location then I don't think it should be tagged that way even
if they have a website where that payment method is valid.

/Markus