[Tagging] Bitcoin: Distinction of purchase through website and cash register/Point of sale

Andreas Goss andig88 at t-online.de
Wed Aug 13 13:36:53 UTC 2014

> I think it should be website:payment:bitcoin=yes instead of
> payment:website:bitcoin=yes

I think this makes sense for things like Wikidata, where you then have
architect=* and architect:wikidata=* grouped together, but with payment
it would be better to have all the payment= options grouped together. I
think this is also easier for mappers, because then I don't have to look
at the bottom for website:payment and at the top for delivery:payment,
but just have payment=, payment:website= and payment:delivery=* next to
each other.

> Payment:xxx=* is a tag reserved for offline
> payment methods

The problem is that it isn't black&white. For example payment via a
phone number or smartphone app could be both. So I would say
payment=yes, payment:credit_cards=yes etc. should be offline by default,
but payment key itself should not be limited to that.