[Tagging] Commons: mixed purposes

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 06:52:00 UTC 2014

> For example, I consider it problematic to duplicate the functionality of
> the image key by allowing links to individual images. And I guess there
> will be different opinions whether a wikidata link should always replace
> commons links or whether they should coexist.

It is not duplicating image key, as here priority is given to
wikimedia_commons,
at least some people will be interested in images on single platform. Image
key may include even fully copyrighted images.

Replacing by wikidata id is a separate issue, at this moment I am against
it as it is
not human readable.