[Tagging] changing wiki , changing definitions

Pee Wee piewie32 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 07:04:24 UTC 2014

This year the bicycle=use_sidepath was accepeted. After the vote I made a wiki
page <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:bicycle%3Duse_sidepath>.
I've just noticed that the page was changed in such a way that it also
changes the definition. The tag can only be applied in counties that have
compulsary cycleways.  I've seen that a sentence was changed now saying
"You can use this tag where a road has a parallel compulsory *or designated
*cycleway " (I've changed that back) . There is also a section added
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:bicycle%3Duse_sidepath#Usage_in_cities>
that I'm not happy with. It now seems that this tag should be used if the
mapper thinks it is safer for cyclist to take the cycleway instead of the
main road. (Do Spain and Great Britain have compulsory cycleways?)

Sure I could send an email to the person that changed this but what do you
think is the best way to deal with this changing wiki pages? Or should I
just accept that these things happen and change it back and send an email?

Cheers
PeeWee32