[Tagging] Feature proposal - RFC - nudism

Richard Z. ricoz.osm at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 16:05:04 UTC 2014

On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 01:08:25AM +0200, Heiko Wöhrle wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> i'd like to readdress an old draft from Xan, that has never been voted
> but is nevertheless in use.
>
> Please feel free to comment the slightly changed proposal:
>
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Nudism

Someone (you?) has removed the "permissive" value from the proposal and
replaced it with
  * "designated" to places where nudity is officaly permitted but not prevalent

That does not make a good replacement for me. Maybe there is room
for both values but I think it needs some tweaking..

Current proposal:
    "yes" where nudism is officially permitted
    "no" where it is forbidden, strongly discouraged or likely to cause trouble
    "customary" to clothing optional places where nudity is prevalent, unofficial, legal status unknown or not important
    "designated" to places where nudity is officaly permitted but not prevalent
    "obligatory" to official nudist only places

Previous description that was in use for some time:
    "yes" where nudism is officially permitted
    "no" where it is forbidden, strongly discouraged or likely to cause trouble
    "customary" to clothing optional places where nudity is prevalent, unofficial, legal status unknown or not important
    "permissive" to places where nudity is permitted or tolerated but not prevalent, or wilderness areas where nobody cares
    "obligatory" to official/designated nudist only places

Richard