[Tagging] separator for addr:housenumber=*

Will Phillips wp4587 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 17:39:23 UTC 2014

On 19/08/2014 22:17, fly wrote:
> but 265-267 is wrong as 266 is not included. Either tag 265;267 or add
> addr:interpolation=odd
I'm not clear with this example, do numbers 265 and 267 exist as
separate units inside the building?

In the UK, house numbers like 265-267 do exist where there is only one
address. These sort of addresses are most common for shops or offices
where two or more units have been combined together, but they do
occasionally occur for residential addresses as well.

For a single address, using addr:housenumber=265-267 seems correct to
me. If there are two address units, I would use addr:housenumber=265;267
(or addr:housenumber=265-267 and addr:interpolation=odd).

Cheers,
Will