[Tagging] Proposed change to Tag:access=designated page

Georg Feddern osm at bavarianmallet.de
Sun Aug 24 11:25:14 UTC 2014

Am 24.08.2014 12:43, schrieb Friedrich Volkmann:
> For me, "designated" means that there's a respective sign, e.g. a cycleway
> sign => bicycle=designated.

yes that is the typically (non native-language?) (mis)understanding of
designated - and guided by the phrase "A way _marked_ for a particular use".

Nevertheless e. g. all highway=residential are _designated_ by law -
without any signs at all... - which leads to _my_ understanding of
designated ...

Georg