[Tagging] usage of maxspeed:practical is described as recommended on wiki

Ilpo Järvinen ilpo.jarvinen at helsinki.fi
Sun Aug 24 19:19:18 UTC 2014

On Sat, 23 Aug 2014, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:

> > Il giorno 23/ago/2014, alle ore 21:08, Ilpo Järvinen <ilpo.jarvinen at helsinki.fi> ha scritto:
> >
> > How much of such ways that would be a candidate for maxspeed:practical
>

> IMHO this is a highly subjective tag that depends heavily on your
> driving ability and the vehicle and driving comfort you expect. E.g. a
> moderately modern battle tank can drive 70-90km/h on an open field with
> no road at all ;-)
>
> As we are generally rejecting subjective tagging like suitability and
> the like, this practical speed tag does not fit well in our system

Like I said, I agree that it is pretty subjective tag and don't use it
myself.

However, my point was to say that there are plenty of highways where
the legal speed is the most limiting one by any sane definition (I'm not
interested in hearing about clever corners that somebody could certainly
invent to counter this claim :-)). ...And one would not expect to have
maxspeed:practical in any of those but only maxspeed as people use it only
to solve a particular no-other-tag-exists problem case. Thus "low number"
is sort of expected unless we'd have lots of active mappers on all those
"open fields with no road at all" ;-).

--
 i.