[Tagging] leisure=common

Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com
Thu Aug 28 15:49:22 UTC 2014

I've just looked up common on taginfo & I'm very surprised to see
virtually all are tagged with leisure= (39348). If I ever used it (& I'm
unsure I have) I would have used landuse= (123). I genuinely believe
this is an example of where it being the majority doesn't make it correct.

In Britain a common is an area of land, usually grass, which is open for
all to use, where any number of leisure activities could occur (sports,
picnics, playgrounds etc), which is why I think it's vague. It needs a
separate tag to able to map the leisure activities with the area.

Again, I'm really surprised by the number of landuse= tags. Was there a
mass edit?

Dave F.