[Tagging] Unification of google-plus links

Andreas Neumann andr-neumann at gmx.net
Fri Aug 29 18:09:04 UTC 2014

On 29.08.2014 12:44, Andreas Goss wrote:
>> I would like to unify the keys for google-plus-pages of objects in the
>> Database.
>
> I think that's usually fine.
>
>> I would like to change the Keys in "contact:google_plus"
>> change them in "contact:facebook"
>
> I'm not in support of this though. contact: is not commonly used and I
> don't think is has that much support either. For addresses most people
> use addr:, phone= and website= are much more popular than
> contact:phone/website=. So I really don't see a reason why we should use
> contact: for social media. facebook=*, google_plus=* works just fine in
> my opinion and it's also what a lot of mappers use.

OK,

I don't want to change the addr:-, website-, phone-, fax- or
email-key!!! I never said it.

The contact-namespace associate, that the defined facebook- or
googleplus-page are a medium to communicate with the defined object. I
know a lot facebook-pages, who are created from fans or generated from a
wikipedia-pages. That are mostly not a communication channel.

Andreas

--
Andreas Neumann
http://Map4Jena.de