[Tagging] include smoothness=* in JOSM presets?

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Sat Aug 30 12:46:02 UTC 2014

On 30 August 2014 12:54, Paul Hartmann <phaaurlt at gmail.com> wrote:
> there have been requests to include the tag smoothness=* in the JOSM presets
> [1]. Everywhere the user can fill in surface=*, we would add an additional
> option for smoothness=*. Apart from the value (excellent, good, ...) we
> would include the explanation from the wiki into the selection combo box.

That seems like a very arbitrary classification system. What's
"excellent" for me on my pushbike might be awful for someone walking
in wet or or icy weather.

A choice of

   *   very rough
   *   rough
   *   medium
   *   smooth
   *   very smooth

or suchlike might be better, but even then I doubt three mappers would
always agree on which to use for a given place.

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing