[Tagging] access in the wiki

Elena ``of Valhalla'' elena.valhalla at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 09:41:40 UTC 2014

On 2014-12-03 at 06:35:29 +0100, Friedrich Volkmann wrote:
> Are there really road signs with addional plates listing all of that stuff?

often, yes

> How big are those signs, and how long does it take for a driver to read them?

enought time that you just don't stop to read them and assume that
you're not allowed :)

Usually the exceptions are for categories that local enought to know
about them, anyway.

> I guess that these regulations are not done by explicit listing, but by
> definition of ZTLs in the laws. So all you need is a tag like highway=ztl or
> highway=pedestrian+pedestrian=ztl, and some comment on the default access page.

AFAIK there is no uniform definition in the italian laws, they are
defined in the town laws, and every town is free to mix-and-match
their own rules.

--
Elena ``of Valhalla''