[Tagging] Combining gas stations & convenience stores

Matthijs Melissen info at matthijsmelissen.nl
Fri Dec 5 12:15:58 UTC 2014

On 5 December 2014 at 11:40, Markus Lindholm <markus.lindholm at gmail.com> wrote:
> In general it is not sustainable to place address tags on
> area/building elements as there can be many addresses within such an
> element. You're not going to comma separate the different address
> values I hope.

This depends on the country. In Luxembourg, there is a
one-building-one-address rule. Stacked occupants, or occupants sharing
a building, always have the same house number (the post man uses the
addressee name to resolve the postbox he needs to put it in). I know
this is different in other countries, where every postbox needs to
have its own address and the post man essentially ignores the
addressee name.

-- Matthijs