[Tagging] Combining gas stations & convenience stores

Markus Lindholm markus.lindholm at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 19:58:18 UTC 2014

On 5 December 2014 at 14:15, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:

>> In general it is not sustainable to place address tags on
>> area/building elements as there can be many addresses within such an
>> element.
>

> this is country dependent,

But OSM is a global database, so at least in the part of the world
that has the familiar street name plus house number scheme I don't see
any reason for divergence. Even in countries with a strict rule of one
building - one address, I wonder what they do with a single building
that occupies a whole city block, facing four streets. Would it still
only be allowed one address?

Regards
Markus