[Tagging] Combining gas stations & convenience stores

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Sat Dec 6 10:25:54 UTC 2014

On Fri, 2014-12-05 at 11:55 -0600, Shawn K. Quinn wrote:
> On Fri, 2014-12-05 at 09:46 -0800, Bryce Nesbitt wrote:
> > A hybrid approach is possible also where simple is acceptable:
> >         "amenity=fuel, shop=yes"
>
> Shouldn't this be shop=convenience (in most cases)?

In many cases the shop will be a convenience store, but not always.

There are still more traditional shops that are there primarily to take
payment for fuel but will sell oil, bulbs, and cold soft drinks and
sweets for the journey. It has limited use so far, but I tag these as
shop=forecourt.

The tag shop=convenience implies a wide range of food available and will
be used by customers not buying fuel.

Phil (trigpoint)