[Tagging] Moveable objects tagged as building=*

715371 osmu715371 at gmx.de
Fri Dec 12 00:59:13 UTC 2014

Hi,

I am wondering if the building-tag should be used for moveable objects.
I guess that this is not in the sense of the meaning of building (see
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Building#Residential and check for
houseboats).

For example according to taginfo houseboats are mapped as
building=houseboat 11496 times. So this is not a new or minor tag.

I guess in this case man_made=boat/ship fits better than any building=*.

Nevertheless there is more stuff which could be moved from building to
some other keys. Maybe there are solutions like man_made=moveable_object
possible.

Some examples:
building=static_caravan
building=houseboat