[Tagging] man_made=adit_entrance

Zecke zeck at saeuferleber.de
Tue Dec 16 21:26:56 UTC 2014

Am 16.12.2014 19:19, schrieb Martin Koppenhoefer:

> <mailto:bsd at volki.at>>:
>
>     I get the point. However, man_made=adit has been defined in the
>     wiki to be
>     the entrance only, since August 2010. The tag is used 2309 times
>     that way,
>     i.e. on nodes. It does not seem right to re-define a tag that has
>     been in
>     use for so long.
>

> well, an "entrance" doesn't have to be a door or door like opening, an
> entrance to a mine could well be a horizontal passage that leads to
> the actual "digging zone", or am I missinterpreting this?

Here I would also opt to leave adit with the meaning it has for years
now. The more as the english wikipedia seems to support this definition
(cannot judge whether this is correct). There's just no need to redefine
well established tags without need. And I would see only the opening
gate (Portal, Stolleneingang) as the entrance, not the passage (Stollen)
itself that leads to the digging zone ("Abbauort") which might be
extended but which also might be the dead end. The passage might be
quite long and I see no reason to call it an entrance.

Cheers
Zecke