[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - admin_title=*

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 12:47:07 UTC 2014

> On 17.12.2014 16:56, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
> > isn't this already covered by name and its variants?
> > e.g.
> > name="Bezirk Zwettl"
> > short_name="Zwettl"
> >
> > or
> > name="Zwettl"
> > official_name="Bezirk Zwettl" ?
>
> No, because the official name is just "Zwettl". But in most cases when you
> talk about Bezirk Zwettl (district of Zwettl), you say "Bezirk Zwettl", in
> order to make it clear that you are not talking about the city of Zwettl.

actually for this example you're wrong, the official name is
"Zwettl-Niederösterreich", you can see this for instance here:
http://www.statistik.at/blickgem/gemDetail.do?gemnr=32530
or in this law:
http://www.ris.bka.gv.at/Dokumente/LgblNO/LRNI_2011122/LRNI_2011122.pdf

> > And another question, is this also aiming at city titles, e.g.
> > "Universitätsstadt", "Freie und Hansestadt"?
>
> No. There are plenty of these bogus titles for each city.

I don't think "bogus" is the correct term here, have a look at the
constitution of the "Freie und Hansestadt Hamburg", Art. 1 (name):
http://www.hamburg.de/contentblob/1604280/data/verfassung-2009.pdf

cheers,
Martin