[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - admin_title=*

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 13:00:01 UTC 2014

> On 17.12.2014 22:08, Andreas Goss wrote:
> > So what do you do with Berlin? State? City? "Stadtstaat" (Citystate)?

the official name AFAIK is "Land Berlin"

> As far as I can see, Berlin is a Bundesland and a Gemeinde.

The term "Bundesland" is of mostly colloquial use, the official term is
"Land", so it is "Land Berlin" for the admin level 4 entity. At the same
time, it is also "Stadt" (city), and the respective public responsibilities
are not separated (the precise legal term is "Einheitsgemeinde"). You can
see this in Art. 1 of its constitution:
http://gesetze.berlin.de/default.aspx?vpath=bibdata%2Fges%2FBlnVerf%2Fcont%2FBlnVerf.A1.htm
I had some years ago proposed to have both entities mapped in OSM ("Land
Berlin" and "Stadt Berlin", with identical territory), but this was
rejected by the time ;-)

cheers,
Martin