[Tagging] Mapping of kids areas

Никита acroq3 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 14:10:51 UTC 2014

> we are talking about "part of"

I think we can use this in definition, but lets wait for Dmitry. Here is my
point:

Definition:
(required, must be tagged) kids_area=* - used for areas dedicated for kids
within bigger facilities (restaurants, fast_foods, hotels, hospitals,
airports, shops)
(required, but can be untagged) with opening_hours (defined by specific
shop or parent building=* opening hours),
(required, but can be untagged) with limited maxstay (see also
opening_hours)
(recommendation) usually with richer or fragile toys or equipment that
cannot be found at regular leisure=playground,
(recommendation) almost always indoor (this is 100% true for
some countries, but we should let other countries with less
demanding climate be more flexible about this tag. If we define it as
"always indoor" there will be people who will simply remove this tag
because proposal said this MUST be indoor)

You cannot imply opening_hours or maxstay tags because their value will be
different from place to place.