[Tagging] Date of survey

Tod Fitch tod at fitchdesign.com
Tue Dec 23 14:33:34 UTC 2014

My issue with putting the source=* is that different tags are added at different times show it should really be source:item=* (e.g. source:max_speed=sign) and then the survey date would also need to be tag specific too (e.g. survey:max_speed=*) . That could be a lot of tags which are unlikely to be entered by all mappers or properly maintained.

Can't that same information be obtained by looking at the object history? At least in JOSM it is pretty easy to pull up the history on any given object and see who changed/added/deleted what tags on what date. For me that is enough to look back in my notes/gpx traces/etc and get close enough to see what I was doing shortly before my commit/upload if there are any questions.