[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - (Obligatory vs. optional cycletracks)

Hubert sg.forum at gmx.de
Wed Dec 24 00:29:17 UTC 2014

Hallo,

I didn’t want to bring it up on the discussion page yet, but I’m working a way to double represent road adjacent cycle ways/ cycle tracks as part of the road way and also on the separate  way.

It is far from being ready for representation, but it just fits the discussion right now. It has some ideas for distinguishing “near” cycle tracks (separated by a curb only) and “far” ones, too. My ideas are being discussed on the German mailing list and can be found on this wiki page: http://wiki.osm.org/wiki/User:Hubert87/DoubleRepresentation

As for having “cycleway=track” on the street-osm-way: There are cases where it is better to have it on the road itself. For example when rendering cycle ways in lower zoom levels.

Happy Holidays

Hubert