[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - leisure=fitness_centre

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Fri Dec 26 04:04:24 UTC 2014

On Thu, Dec 25, 2014 at 6:21 AM, Andreas Goss <andig88 at t-online.de> wrote:

> Just had the great idea to suggest tagging gyms/fintess centres for the
> German a weekly task (new year's resolutions incoming), when I realized we
> still don't have tagging schema for it.
>
> After I failed to address the issues with leisure=gym in my last proposal
> (ambiguity of the word "gym) and don't see how to address them I made this
> new proposal with leisure=fitness_centre as I see it as only viable option
> left.
>

> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/
> leisure%3Dfitness_centre

Leisure is better than sport. Personally I don't consider going to a
fitness center a sport. Amenity is the only other  real option but it is
overloaded. And as you said, fitness centers is a leisure time actively for
most of us.

I wonder how we can tag fitness center attributes, such as pool, steam,
sauna/ etc. They very all over the place. Being able do documenting
features would allow "health clubs" sites to be included.

Also, please excuse the US version of centre.

Clifford

--
@osm_seattle
osm_seattle.snowandsnow.us