[Tagging] oneway=no spams

moltonel 3x Combo moltonel at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 15:44:20 UTC 2014

On 28/12/2014, Ole Nielsen / osm <on-osm at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> It depends. Sometimes it is useful to add this tag. I typically add it to
> bidirectional cycle paths along roads as you would normally expect such
> cycleways to be oneway. Adding a oneway=no indicates that it has been
> surveyed and found to be bidirectional and will further prevent eager
> mappers adding the "missing" oneway=yes tag to this cycleway.

Another usecase that was presented on the list at some stage is town
centers that have more oneways than not (I think the example was in
Spain). In that context, oneway=no is usefull for mappers.

I'm sure that most foo=default_value tags are the result of
cluelessness/mishaps, but it's not always the case.