[Tagging] Model and manufacturer tags

François Lacombe francois.lacombe at telecom-bretagne.eu
Mon Feb 10 15:50:12 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,

I've started a draft for street cabinets mapping on the wiki.
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Street_cabinet

As for providing useful information about accessibility on sidewalks or
pavement where those cabinets are installed, it would be interesting to
indicate manufacturer and model.
Such furniture is standardized and those details can pretty often be seen
with logos or reference outside.

The manufacturer=* key sounds like operator=* or owner=* to me and will do
the trick.
http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/manufacturer

But what about the model of cabinet ?
May model=* be used ?
http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/model

None of these two tags are documented on wiki.

Finally, the proposal page is still at draft state and many elements are
missing. Please wait RFC to get in details but I'll be happy to discuss
changes if things sounds totally wrong.

Thanks in advance for your feedbacks;

Cheers.

*François Lacombe*