[Tagging] feature Proposal - RFC 2 - tourism = apartment

Dave Swarthout daveswarthout at gmail.com
Sun Feb 16 00:06:16 UTC 2014

>I would prefer the plural tourism=apartments.

I prefer singular because the plural term explicitly states that *more than
one unit is available* to rent while the singular implies only that there
is *at least one *unit for rent on a short term basis. Therefore the plural
designation might often be wrong while the singular will not.

On Sun, Feb 16, 2014 at 3:53 AM, Matthijs Melissen <info at matthijsmelissen.nl
> wrote:

> I would prefer the plural tourism=apartments. In the picture in the
> wiki page, you will not tag every individual apartment, but rather the
> entire block of apartment, right?
>
> -- Matthijs
>
> On 15 February 2014 20:30, nounours77 <kuessemondtaeglich at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > According to the results of the first RFC on my original proposal
> tourism=holiday_flat, I renamed the tag tourism=apartment.
> >
> > I therefore open a second (short) RFC phase on this:
> >
> > https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/apartment
> >
> > Many thanks for your inputs.
> >
> > greetings, nounours77

Dave Swarthout