[Tagging] closing-hours

Robin `ypid` Schneider ypid23 at aol.de
Tue Feb 25 14:49:28 UTC 2014

On 25.02.2014 15:24, Peter Wendorff wrote:
> Hi André,
> as far as I know, the same would be possible with
> opening_hours="24/7, Fr 14:00-22:00 off"
You almost got it. The use of a comma to separate rules does mean that the
second rule would be interpreted as additional rule (not overwriting the
previous one (to be exact the <day_list>, see
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:opening_hours:specification and to extend
its timerange) which does not make sense in the case of 24/7
(https://github.com/ypid/opening_hours.js#time-ranges) because it means 24 hours
7 days a week (of always) without exceptions.

I would recommend the following:
opening_hours="open; Fr 14:00-22:00 off"

You can test opening_hours here if you like:
http://openingh.openstreetmap.de/evaluation_tool/

> no need for an extra tag.
> Also keep in mind that two tags opening_hours and closing_hours are
> error prone when used both together at the same object.
I agree with Peter. This can already be described. No need for a second tag
namespace.

--
Live long and prosper
Robin Schneider