[Tagging] origin of some fire_hydrant tagging

Tod Fitch tod at fitchdesign.com
Tue Feb 25 17:37:17 UTC 2014

I wonder if there might be some regional variation in the US: I've always thought of them as fire hydrants rather than fire plugs.

Looks like fire plug might be an older term and technology maybe coming out of England based on the introductory paragraph at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_hydrant

-Tod