[Tagging] wiki definition for man_made=works

Janko Mihelić janjko at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 23:45:20 UTC 2014

A building=factory can also have amenity=restaurant if a restaurant is
using an old factory building.

I agree with the starting proposal to make man_made=works not neccesarily a
building.

Janko

Dana 25. 2. 2014. 22:08 osoba "John Packer" <john.packer7 at gmail.com>
napisala je:

> Then I think I am confused too.
> As the description is right now, what is the difference between
building=factory and man_made=works ?
> Do note that product=* and/or produce=* is not necessarily tied to
man_made=works.

> I see man_made=works is much more used than building=factory, so I
probably am missing something here.

>>> There is an interesting question on this tag's talk page:

"landuse=industrial" and i propose to "delete" this Tag.

>> I think he is confused ;-)
>> you can find documentation about "building" and "landuse" in the wiki
that give their definitions, usually it should be the "tag" or "key" page.
I cannot see a collission but sometimes there is overlap, which is not
necessarily something bad.