[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - opening hours open until

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Wed Feb 26 08:19:17 UTC 2014

Surely you then need to define when curfew is, does it require a tag law=marshal? :)

A more real world example, where hours vary, would be open sunrise to sunset, which is often used for rural car parks.

Phil (trigpoint)
--

Sent from my Nokia N9

On 26/02/2014 7:45 Georg Feddern wrote:

Am 25.02.2014 16:35, schrieb Robin `ypid` Schneider:
> On 25.02.2014 16:27, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
>> I don't know in this specific (british) context, but my guess is that
>> 12:00+ indicates (typically) until curfew, while "late" maybe has the
>> meaning "beyond curfew".
> All right. Interesting. If that is the case it might be better to write this
> explicitly (using fixed times and comments) because it is probably not desirable
> to add this to the syntax.

well, for those who want to know "it's open late" it _is_ quite desirable.
And if there are no fixed times, it is still "open end" but with
different meaning.

The current syntax "+" does not diffentiate between "until curfew" and
"beyond curfew".
But this seems to be a desirable differentiation.
Why not extend the syntax with such quite clear definition?

E.g.
+ means open end until curfew
-late means open end beyond curfew

Georg