[Tagging] How to map holiday flats? New tag "tourism=holiday_flat" or extend existing "tourism=chalet"

Dave Swarthout daveswarthout at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 01:31:04 UTC 2014

I think of the word "flat" as being distinctly British. I have only rarely
heard the word "flat" used to describe and apartment in the U.S. When I
first glanced at the beginning of this thread I thought the OP was
referring to flats of flowers. LOL



On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 10:21 PM, Steve Doerr <doerr.stephen at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 02/01/2014 13:55, Philip Barnes wrote:
>> Hi Nounours
>> I know its an American, not an English word, but tourism=apartment has
>> 237 uses.
>> http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/tourism=apartment
>> I agree flat should be the correct term, but maybe too late to change
>> now.
> Actually, I was just thinking that we (Brits) tend to use the word
> 'apartment' rather than 'flat' when talking about holiday lets.
> Inconsistent, I know!
> --
> Steve
> _______________________________________________
> Tagging mailing list
> Tagging at openstreetmap.org
> https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/tagging

Dave Swarthout
Homer, Alaska
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Travel Blog at http://dswarthout.blogspot.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/attachments/20140103/770225a6/attachment-0001.html>

More information about the Tagging mailing list