[Tagging] Unsuitable?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 13:45:53 UTC 2014

2014/1/8 Pieren <pieren3 at gmail.com>

> > Since when is "unsuitable" an accepted value for the access keys? I
> always
> > thought that the access keys describe legal restrictions.
>
> It says "usage is discouraged (e.g. HGVs on narrow lanes) . Often
> marked by a traffic sign "
>
> So maybe, there is a traffic sign for "unsuitable" which is different
> from "no". An example would be appreciated.

The value was now changed to "discouraged". I have found 2 occurances of
this in taginfo (checked access, foot, vehicle and motor_vehicle and found
just 2 bicycle=discouraged), hence my suggestion is to remove this from the
access page for now, as it wasn't discussed or officially proposed and
isn't in use either. Please make a proposal and see what others think about
this, before adding it to the documentation of established tags.

cheers,
Martin