[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - trafficability

Jean-Marc Liotier jm at liotier.org
Wed Jan 15 15:54:07 UTC 2014

On 15/01/2014 15:44, Gerald Weber wrote:
> [..]
> A tag called traffic_issue which would take free text as value
> (similar to note)
>
> traffic_issue='Road maintained by local 4WD club, passes over sandy
> inlet that floods at high tide, four inch rocks placed by club
> restrict access to high clearance vehicles'
> [..]
> and of course something for the renderers/routers:
> traffic_issue:severity=none|minor|major|danger|info|block

I was going to jump at your throat for suggesting a free-text comment
attribute... But using it only as a complement to values from an
appropriately designed list would make sense. Then remains the issue of
what that list of values should be - and doesn't that bring us back to
square one ?

Also, if I remember correctly, the traffic_issue:severity=block
duplicates the meaning of some existing tagging which work just fine as is.