[Tagging] Bitcoin and Online shops

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 23:29:51 UTC 2014

> Am 22/gen/2014 um 23:42 schrieb Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org>:
>
> We are not an address directory. We record the physical location of an
> address; not which business is reachable under what postal address.

why not? What comes next, deleting  memorials ("we only want monuments, as they are landmarks, we are not the open plaques directory and those small memorial plates are nothing particularly interesting or useful for our map consumers")? Deletion of trees ("we are not a tree directory, go to your city council if you are interested in trees, they have a tree cadastre")? How can we become the biggest map if we refuse data our competitors eagerly take?

I completely agree that adding online businesses at fake locations is spam, but your relevance criteria seem too tight. I also agree that in case there's only a letter box but nobody actually doing business/work this is an edge case and maybe better not mapped in osm (regardless the question whether this geographic info or not), but as soon as they do operate from a given place this should be sufficient to _allow_ that they are mapped (if the mappers actually enter them is also another question).

> If you want to send a letter to a business, then you will either already
> have a business contact and therefore know their address, or you will
> have some other way of finding out the address of the business.

+1, yes, but this has nothing to do with the question (you can always find your way without OSM).

Cheers,
Martin