[Tagging] Multiple amenities inside shared area

Ronnie Soak chaoschaos0909 at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 28 13:14:17 UTC 2014

2014/1/28 Peter Wendorff <wendorff at uni-paderborn.de>

> Hi Ronnia,
> as  the use case was an outer area shared by two amenities in different
> building, it's a multipolygon with one outer and one inner member, and
> that should be fairly common around the world, as it's the most simple
> case for an osm multipolygon, right?

As far as I have understood multipolygons, an inner member is
removed from the area represented by the moltipolygon.
(Like a lake that is not part of a larger landcover=grass or a courtyard
not part of a larger building.)

So setting the role of the building as inner, this would mean that the
amenity is just the outside area WITHOUT the building, which is not what I
want to tag.
The building IS PART OF the amenity.

Regards,
Chaos