[Tagging] Multiple amenities inside shared area

Ronnie Soak chaoschaos0909 at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 28 14:50:29 UTC 2014

2014/1/28 Peter Wendorff <wendorff at uni-paderborn.de>

> one building (b1) and the outer space (s) are used by a kindergarten,
> the second building (b2) and the outer space (s) are used by a primary
> school.
>
> Our proposal for the tagging was:
> 1) use a multipolygon with outer s and inner (b1) and tag it as primary
> school (so the primary school is the whole space inclunding building b1
> WITHOUT b1)
> 2) use a multipolygon with outer s and inner b2 and tag it as
> kindergarten (same the other way around).

I think there is a mixup in the example here, but I got it nevertheless:

You want me to exclude the OTHER building with the multipolygon.
fence as outer, b1 as inner, tag as b2 was before and
fence as outer, b2 as inner, tag as b1 was before.
Which makes much more sense.

Of course this comes with all the downsides of relations (maintainability
by newbies, pickup by renderers, routing, search..)
but still seems to be the most correct solution.

Thanks
Chaos