[Tagging] Aerodrome types

John Packer john.packer7 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 16:32:22 UTC 2014

I agree with using the key "aerodrome" to specify further the type of the
aerodrome (instead of aerodrome:type=* or type=*).

Related to this:
An airport is a special kind of aerodrome, and I think it is poorly
documented on the wiki how to tag it.
Looking at taginfo, it becomes clear that international aerodromes can be
tagged with aerodrome=international. I assume most (if not all)
international aerodromes are public airports.
Private aerodromes (common inside some farms in Brazil) would be
aerodrome=private, and military aerodromes would be aerodrome=military. So
far so good.

It isn't as clear how to tag a normal public *airport.*
Is there some consensus on this?
I suppose a domestic airport could be tagged with aerodrome=domestic
aerodrome=public could also work, as long as it becomes clear that
aerodrome=international is also a public airport.

There are other classifications of aerodromes present on taginfo that are
not documented.