[Tagging] tree shrines

Zecke zeck at saeuferleber.de
Wed Jul 9 17:24:10 UTC 2014

I suppose you were in contact with Lutz. Our policy is to render what's
mapped and in that be quick to market. If there's a tagging found
sufficiently often it is considered for inclusion in the historic map.
The wiki page "map features" describes what kind of tagging is depicted
in OUR map. It does not describe what some pseudo-official tagging
proposal came up to. We gave up in waiting for tagging discussions
coming to a final solution. Usually they tend to become endless
discussions without a final consensus.

And I definitely don't consider 10-20 positive votes for a successful
proposal to be in any way representative for the community of tens of
thousands of active mappers or more. However, when a proposal leads to
another tagging being accepted by the community in a considerable way we
are eager to include it on our map.

Cheers,
Zecke