[Tagging] convert imported natural=rock areas to bare_rock

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 23:01:54 UTC 2014

> Am 12/lug/2014 um 00:27 schrieb Friedrich Volkmann <bsd at volki.at>:
>
> My proposal
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/natural%3Drock_cleanup
> has been in RFC state for a year

Maybe a whole year is a bit long...

3 comments:
- you write natural=bare_rock is about rock as the surface material, so I think this would better fit in the keys "surface" or "landcover"

- the distinction between stone and rock as the latter being firmly attached to the bedrock might often be difficult to verify on the ground

-I don't like that "rock" can mean one rock or a group of rocks with at least one of them attached.
If we are to bring in more detail, why not distinguish between one rock and a group of rocks? And shouldn't from the group of rocks those that are not firmly attached to the ground be tagged "stone" according to your proposal and hence left out if the rock-tag?

cheers,
Martin