[Tagging] Religious landuse?

John Packer john.packer7 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 11:52:35 UTC 2014

Hi,

I saw on the wiki there was some changes on pages related to religious
landuse.
It seems there is this tag that was documented only recently (but has
around 1500 uses, mostly on Europe), and is called landuse=religious

In my opinion, it seems this tag conflicts with amenity=place_of_worship in
a large ammount of cases, if not all.
I think it could be used for places that are not strictly for worship, but
are used in religious practices (for example a religious school that is
associated with a particular church, but not on the same grounds).
Does this seems correct?

Cheers,
John