[Tagging] Religious landuse?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 09:14:41 UTC 2014

> Am 17/lug/2014 um 10:46 schrieb Pieren <pieren3 at gmail.com>:
>
> The problem is that amenity=place_of_worship is
> always rendered as a building even when it could be a bigger area
> (like for schools).

In the Christian religion (which is where I happen to map, don't know about other religions) I use this tag on the sacred ground, which might extend to the churchyard, an oratory, or some outdoor space around the church, but often wouldn't comprise a kindergarten or some administration facility of the church, so I don't think place of worship can be used for this context. For monasteries I use amenity=monastery and put pow only on the churches and chapels...

Agree that place of worship shouldn't render as a building

cheers,
Martin