[Tagging] [Talk-us] IR boundary tagging

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Sat Jul 19 06:00:21 UTC 2014

I don't see how that's the case, the reason being that the Supreme Court
has clearly ruled that tribes are above the state but semi-dependant on the
fed, as far as the law is concerned.  Furthermore, the state may still
intervene, but has the option not to in situations where it would otherwise
be obligated, in tribal regions.  This makes a state not dissimilar to a
county relative to the tribe, particularly in cases like the Navajo and
Iroquois, whose jurisdiction crosses state boundaries.