[Tagging] Townhouse

SomeoneElse lists at mail.atownsend.org.uk
Mon Jul 21 09:47:51 UTC 2014

On 21/07/2014 10:29, Volker Schmidt wrote:
> Wikipedia is rather precise on the different meanings - see my earlier
> post with links.
>
> Volker

Sure - I understand that you were correctly flagging the ambiguity
associated with the term, but what I was saying was that one of those
three definitions doesn't match any common usage in British English of
which I'm aware.

For example, if you said "X is a townhouse" you wouldn't think that X
was where Lord so-and-so lived while not at his country pile, but if you
said "X is the town house of Lord so-and-so" it would.

Cheers,

Andy