[Tagging] highway=speed_camera equivalent for non-speed enforcement types

Andreas Goss andig88 at t-online.de
Tue Jul 22 08:38:42 UTC 2014

> I hesitate to just invent a new highway=*_camera tag, beause I don't
> actually like it to be under the highway key (something accepted for the
> speed_camera probably only of historical reasons)

You could see how big the support in the community is replace
highway=speed_camera key with a man_made=* As this is about they key you
could always tag both and rounters etc. could adopt and support both and
at some distant point in the future the highway key might be dropped.
That's kinda what's happening to public_transport where the new system
is adopted more and more, but highway=bus_stop stop is still used.