[Tagging] Kindergarten, Childcare and Preschool

Andreas Goss andig88 at t-online.de
Tue Jul 22 23:48:49 UTC 2014

> (some people mentioned it doesn't with Germany's).

For Germany I think this summs it up prett well:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day_care#Germany

Bascially we have:

- Kinderkrippe (under 3 years)
- Kindergarten (3 to 6 years)
- KiTa/Kindertagesstätte (extension of either one or combination)

Kindergarden usually includes preschool => isced:level=0

KiTa/Kindertagesstätte, which can be refer to both and indicates that
they will take care of the children in the afernoon.

crèche seemse to be the most fitting translation for Kinderkrippe.
Nursery school often comes up does not seem to be correct translation.
There was also a proposal:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Nursery

> From what I have seen, one thing seems clear: there is demand for differentiating between places where kids are simply taken care of, and places where kids have basic education, but not at school level.

At least in Germany it is more about age, not about the education. And
then it's about if they offer more than before noon care.

######

What we need in Germany:

*amenity=* tag for a place for children 0-3

*tag that indicates if there is a service in the afternoon OR we use
daycare with a age or type tag.