[Tagging] Kindergarten, Childcare and Preschool

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 08:36:29 UTC 2014

> Am 23/lug/2014 um 06:21 schrieb Andreas Labres <list at lab.at>:
>
> On 23.07.14 01:48, Andreas Goss wrote: [for Germany]
>> - Kinderkrippe (under 3 years)
>> - Kindergarten (3 to 6 years)
>> - KiTa/Kindertagesstätte (extension of either one or combination)
>
> In Austria all this is handled by the amenity "Kindergarten".

inside the Kindergarten there seems to be the same concept (separation of "Kleinkindergruppe (Krippe)", see eg here: https://www.wien.gv.at/amtshelfer/gesellschaft-soziales/kindergarten/anmeldung/krippe.html )
If we had different keys you could add both tags

> There is one
> further type (decreasing), the "Hort".
> Those typically are combined with the
> Kindergarten and add after school care for children >=6.

+1, these exist in Germany as well. According to Wikipedia these can eventually be summarized with de:KiTa to "child care" or "day care" ( age up to 13).

cheers,
Martin