[Tagging] Aerodrome types

Fernando Trebien fernando.trebien at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 22:55:11 UTC 2014

I believe that a "non public use" aerodrome would require either
aerodrome=private/military or at least access=private, so
aerodrome=international would mean "a public airport/aerodrome that
primarily enables regular citizens to hire flights directly to other
countries", and to achieve this it would need some supporting
infrastructure (immigration, customs, etc.).

As usual in OSM, the aerodrome may be used for other things (say,
military operations and private flights). But if its primary function
is for commercial international flights, then it would be classified
as aerodrome=international.

Fernando Trebien
+55 (51) 9962-5409

"Nullius in verba."