[Tagging] About new landuses and superiority of cascading tag schemes

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 15:11:43 UTC 2014

> In case of surface mining however it is a characteristic of its own, which
> comes close to quarry. However furthermore I would prefer to have it the
> other way round, quarry being a special case of surface_mining:
>
> landuse=surface_mining
> resource=limestone, marble, sand (or whatever)
> (which implies a quarry)

I also would prefer it this way but I want to improve situation that can be
changed. landuse=quarry is a lost case (
like highway=unclassified and highway=road and many other not so good
tagging schemes).

I think that at this point it is still possible to avoid problem of
exploding landuse types (and hopefully avoid turning it into total
mess like it happened with building key).